ASUS announced the Zenfone 5Z in Zenfone 5 series at the MWC 2018 in Barcelona. It has 6.2-inch Full HD+ 19:9 Super IPS display with notch design and 90% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC with up to 8GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage. It runs on Android Oreo with ZenUI 5.0 on the top.
It has a 12MP rear camera with support for OIS, Sony IMX363 sensor and 0.03s Dual-pixel PDAF along with AI scene detection to detect 16 type of scenes automatically and a 8MP secondary rear camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens for wider portrait shots. It also comes with an 8MP front-facing camera with auto portrait and Selfie panorama modes.
It has Face unlock apart from fingerprint sensor on the back for security. It packs dual speakers with five-magnets and NXP Smart amplifier, and DTS Headphone: X for 7.1-channel surround sound. It comes with a 3300mAh battery with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging as well as AI charging. Let’s take a look on the specs.
Specifications of ASUS Zenfone 5Z (Z5620KL) :
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass Super IPS display with 500 nits Brightness, 95.4% NTSC color gamut, Glove Touch support, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage and 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB storage, expandable up to 2TB
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with ZenUI 5.0, upgradable to Android P
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD) with Dual VoLTE
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 0.03s Tri Tech auto-focus,Dual Pixel PDAF, 4-axis OIS, EIS, Pro mode with RAW support, secondary 8MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 83-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Compass, Face Unlock
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual speakers with NXP 9874 Smart AMP, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24b-bit, DTS Headphone: X for 7.1 channel surround sound, dual microphones
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C (2.0)
- 3300mAh battery with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging and AI charging
The Asus Zenfone 5Z comes in Midnight Blue and Meteor Silver colors. It is priced starts at 479 Euros (INR 38,200 approx) and will roll out from June.