Xiaomi just announced the Mi 6X, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China, as it had promised. It comes with a metal unibody design. It has a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 display and is powered by Snapdragon 660 AIE SoC with up to 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
It has a 12MP rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor along with a 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor to capture in-depth information for portrait shots with AI. It also has intelligent scent detection that can detect 12 different scenes and also instantly retouch images of 206 different scenes in 25 different categories. It also has the same 20MP Sony IMX376 sensor for the front camera with soft LED flash and AI beautification.
Both the 20MP sensors uses pixel binning technology that combins the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel. It also has integrated Xiao Ai voice assistant that can understand hundreds of commands in six different categories.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the back, has USB Type-C audio and packs with a 3010mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 that can charge the phone in just 30 minutes from 0 to 50% with 18W fast charger.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 6X :
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 1500:1 Contrast
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Chipset (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR 4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, 4GB LPDDR 4x RAM with 64GB storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash
- USB Type-C audio
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Compass
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi 6X comes in Black, Blue, Red, Gold and Rose Gold colors.It is priced at 1599 yuan (INR 16,910 approx) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 1799 yuan (INR 19,025 approx) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version. The top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 1999 yuan (INR 21,150 approx). It will go on sale in China from April 27th.