HMD Global just announced its refreshed budget lineup for the year 2018, that includes Nokia 5.1, Nokia 3.1 and Nokia 2.1. Nokia 5.1 is the succesor of last year’s Nokia 5. Similar to the other Nokia phones, it is an Android One smartphone.
Nokia 5.1 features a unibody design with 6000 series aluminium, and the company says that it refined through a rigorous 33 stage process of machining, anodising and polishing. It packs with a 5.5-inch Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 18:9 aspect ratio. It is powered by unannounced 2.0 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P18 SoC with up to 3GB RAM.
Nokia 5.1 runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo), and is upgradable to Android P in future. It has a 16MP rear camera and an 8MP camera on the front. It packs with a 3000mAh battery. Let’s take a look on the specs.
Specifications of Nokia 5.1 :
- 5.5-inch ( 1080×2160 pixels) FHD+ 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P18 (MT6755S) chipset
- 2GB RAM + 16GB storage, 3GB RAM + 32GB storage, expandable up to 128GB
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) OS, upgradable to Android P
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture,84-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity, gyro
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Nokia 5.1 comes in Copper, Tempered Blue and Black colors. Its prices starts at 189 Euros ( INR. 14,800 approx ) and will roll out globally starting from July 2018.