Xiaomi just announced its flagship Mi 8 at an event in China. It comes with a 6.21-inch FHD+ AMOLED display made by Samsung with a notch and 88.5% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by Snapdragon 845 chipset with up to 6GB of RAM. It runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI on top.
It has a 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, OIS, Dual Pixel auto focus and a secondary 12MP rear camera for AI portraits has AI scene recognition. It has a 20MP front camera that support AI portrait selfies with real-time background blur, AI Studio Light Effect. It also has face unlock, that uses an infrared sensor.
The company said that it scored 105 in DxO Mark for photo and the overall DxO Mark score is 99. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3400mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 4+. Lets take a look on the specs.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 8 :
- 6.21-inch (2248 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:7:9 AMOLED display with 600 nits brightness, 60000:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Chipset with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 2X zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits
- IR Face unlock, Fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh battery with Quick Charge 4+ fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi 8 comes in Black, Blue, Gold and White colors. It is priced at 2699 yuan (INR 28,450 approx) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage 2999 yuan (INR 31,600 approx) for the 128GB storage and 3299 yuan (INR 34,800 approx) for the 256GB storage variant. It will be available in China from June 5th.