Vivo just introduced its flagship NEX series smartphones as it had promised. The main highlight of the smartphone is its 6.59-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen with ultra narrow 1.71 mm bezels on the sides, 2.16mm on the top and an 91.24% screen-to-body ratio.
This uses extremely precise micro-stepping motors, with independent drive ICs and precision control algorithms to precisely control this process, says Vivo. It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 4-axis OIS, along with 5-megapixel secondary rear camera for AI portrait shots with auto scene detection. It has an 8-megapixel pop-up front camera that automatically rises and hides when you open and close the camera app.
The NEX also uses an in-display fingerprint sensor similer to the VIVO X21. The company says that it is the third-generation screen fingerprint technology which is smaller, and more powerful that offers 50% better accuracy and the unlocking speed is increased by 10% compared to the predecessor. It runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Ai-powered Energy UI and Jovi AI with dedicated hardware button to launch it.
The company has partnered with Tencent, NetEase and Unreal for system-level SDK optimization for the best gaming experience with Game Mode 4.0. The phone comes in Star Diamond Black color that uses holographic technology, and the Ruby Red color uses micro crystal technology on the back.
The VIVO NEX A is a smaller version of the NEX S which comes with Snapdragon 710 chipset. It has 6GB of RAM with 128GB of internal storage and rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. All other specifications are similar to the NEX S. Let’s take a look on the specs.
Specifications of Vivo NEX A / NEX S (Ultimate) :
- 6.59-inch (2316×1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED 19.3:9 aspect ratio display, DCI-P3 color gamut
- NEX S : 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm chipset with Adreno 630 GPU
- NEX A : Octa-Core Snapdragon 710 10nm chipset (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- NEX S : 8GB with 128GB / 256GB storage
- NEX A : 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP Dual PD rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 4-axis OIS, f/1.8 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor (NEX S) / rear-mounted fingerprint sensor (NEX A)
- 3.5mm audio jack, CS43199 + SSM6322 Amplifier (NEX S) / AK4376A DAC (NEX A)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO , Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging
The Vivo NEX smartphones come in Diamond Black and Red colors. The NEX S with Snapdragon 845 and 8GB RAM scanner is priced at 4,498 yuan ( INR. 47,500 approx ) and the 256GB variant costs 4,998 yuan ( INR 52,500 approx ). The Snapdragon 710-powered NEX A with 6GB RAM will be priced at 3,898 yuan ( INR 41,500 approx ). It will be available in China from June 23rd.