Panasonic has announced Toughbook FZ-T1, the company’s latest rugged handheld smartphone. Panasonic has targeted to enterprise customers including retail and hospitality, manufacturing, transportation and logistics by this smartphone. It has integrated barcode scanner with two trigger buttons, and will also get a separate long and short range barcode scanning accessory for inventory management.
It weighs 240 grams and is designed with military standard 810G. It is also dust and water resistant with IP68 certification and tumble tested. It is capable of withstanding drops of up to 1.5m, and can be operating within a temperature range of -10 to +50C. Let’s take a look on the specs.
Specifications of Panasonic Toughbook FZ-T1 :
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels), anti-reflective, daylight viewable, 10 point multi touch capacitive touchscreen supporting glove and rain mode
- 1.1 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 (APQ8009) Mobile Platform with Adreno 304 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 3 Microphones (x2 front, x1 rear), speaker (up to 90 dB)
- 1D/2D Barcode Reader, Two user configurable scan buttons for left and right handed users
- Enterprise level security and manageability (COMPASS)
- Security: FIPS140-2 level-1 compliant, Built-in ARM TrustZone
- MIL-STD-810G certified, dust and water resistant to IP68
- 4G LTE (Optional), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS / aGPS
- 3200mAh removable battery with up to 12 hours of continuous data access
The Panasonic Toughbook FZ-T1 handheld with Wi-Fi version is priced at £1,142 ( INR 1,03,024 approx ) and will be available in August 2018. The 4G voice and data version is priced at £1,214 ( INR 1,09,520 approx) that will be available from September 2018 across Europe.
The company will also sell accessories including barcode reader guns, single and multiple chargers and cradles, holster belts, battery packs, passive stylus pens and protective display films separately.