Vivo introduced its flagship NEX series smartphones – NEX S and NEX A in China earlier this month. Now the company has sent out invites for the launch of the smartphone in India, which is scheduled on July 19th. The main highlight of the smartphone is its 6.59-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen with ultra narrow 1.71 mm bezels on the sides, 2.16mm on the top and an 91.24% screen-to-body ratio.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 4-axis OIS, along with 5-megapixel secondary rear camera for AI portrait shots with auto scene detection. It has an 8-megapixel pop-up front camera that automatically rises and hides when you open and close the camera app.
The NEX also uses an in-display fingerprint sensor similer to the VIVO X21. The company says that it is the third-generation screen fingerprint technology which is smaller, and more powerful that offers 50% better accuracy and the unlocking speed is increased by 10% compared to the predecessor. It runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Ai-powered Energy UI and Jovi AI with dedicated hardware button to launch it.
The VIVO NEX A is a smaller version of the NEX S which comes with Snapdragon 710 chipset. It has 6GB of RAM with 128GB of internal storage and rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. All other specifications are similar to the NEX S. Let’s take a look on the specs.
Specifications of Vivo NEX A / NEX S (Ultimate) :
- 6.59-inch (2316×1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED 19.3:9 aspect ratio display, DCI-P3 color gamut
- NEX S : 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm chipset with Adreno 630 GPU
- NEX A : Octa-Core Snapdragon 710 10nm chipset (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- NEX S : 8GB with 128GB / 256GB storage
- NEX A : 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP Dual PD rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 4-axis OIS, f/1.8 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor (NEX S) / rear-mounted fingerprint sensor (NEX A)
- 3.5mm audio jack, CS43199 + SSM6322 Amplifier (NEX S) / AK4376A DAC (NEX A)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO , Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging
It is not clear that the company is planning to launch both the NEX S and NEX A in the country next month. NX S and NEX A are priced at 4498 yuan (INR 47,500 approx) and 3898 yuan (INR 41,000 approx), respectively in China. We should know the price in India at the launch in a few weeks.