Samsung launched the Galaxy J6 and Galaxy J8 smartphones in the ‘J Series’ in India last month. The company had said that the Galaxy J8 will be available from July. Now It has announced that the phone gose on sale few days earlier, from 28th June 2018.
To remind you, the J8 comes with 6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 18.5: 9 Infinity 2.5D curved glass display. It is powered by Snapdragon SoC 450 with 4GB of RAM. It runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo) with Samsung’s own UI.
It comes with dual rear cameras, 16MP with f/1.7 aperture and 5MP with f/1.9 aperture with Background Blur Shape, Portrait Dolly, and Portrait Backdrop. It has a 16MP camera on the front with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash and face unlock. It packs with a 3500 mAh battery.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy J8 :
- 6-inch (1480 x 720 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED 18.5: 9 Infinity 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Chipset with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable up to 256GB
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with f/1.9 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, ANT+, GPS
- 3500mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy J8 comes in Blue, Black and Gold colors. It is priced at INR 18,990. It goes on sale from 28th June 2018 onwards across retail outlets and online via Samsung’s e-shop, Paytm, Flipkart and Amazon.
Those who buys the smartphone with ICICI Bank credit and debit cards or Paytm Mall will get an additional cash back of INR 2,000. Those who are activating the Galaxy J8 on or before 31st July 2018 get a One Time Screen Replacement offer.