Xiaomi announced Mi A2, the company’s latest Android One smartphones at an event in Spain. It is the global version of the Mi 6X which was introduced in April in China. It has a metal unibody design. It comes with a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 display and is powered by Snapdragon 660 chipset with upto 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
It has a 12MP rear camera with f/1.75 aperture along with a 20MP secondary camera to capture in-depth information for portrait shots with AI. It has intelligent scene detection and has auto sensor section. It also has the same 20MP Sony IMX376 sensor for the front camera with soft LED flash and AI beautification.
Both the 20MP sensors uses pixel binning technology that combins the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back, USB Type-C audio and packs with a 3010mAh battery.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi A2 :
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 1500:1 Contrast ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB / 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Compass
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh battery
The Xiaomi Mi A2 comes in Blue, Gold and Black colors. It is costs 249 Euros (INR 20,100 approx) for the 4GB RAM + 32GB storage and 279 Euros (INR 22,490 approx) for the 4GB + 64GB storage version. The top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 349 Euros (INR 28,150 approx).
It will roll out in Spain starting from August 10th, in France from July 27th, in Italy from August 8th, and will roll out in over 40 countries, including India soon.