After the recent launch of Galaxy J8 smartphone in India, Samsung launched its online-only version, the Galaxy On8 (2018). It has similar specifications, including 6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 18.5: 9 Infinity 2.5D curved glass display. It is powered by Snapdragon 450 chipset with 4GB of RAM and 64Gb of internal storage. It runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo) with Samsung’s own UI on top.
It has dual rear cameras (16MP with f/1.7 aperture and 5MP with f/1.9 aperture) with Background Blur Shape, Portrait Dolly, and Portrait Backdrop. It also has 16MP camera on the front with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash and face unlock. It comes pre-loaded with Samsung Mall that uses Artificial Intelligence to let users shop by clicking picture of the desired product and getting results for the item across popular e-commerce platforms.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy On8 (2018) :
- 6-inch (1480 x 720 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED 18.5: 9 Infinity 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with f/1.9 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, ANT+, GPS
- 3500mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy On8 comes in Blue and Black colors only. It is priced at INR 16,990 and will be available exclusively from Flipkart and Samsung online Shop starting August 6th with offers like No Cost EMI, Special Data Offers and more.
Sandeep Singh Arora, Vice President, Online Business, Samsung India, said:
At Samsung, our constant endeavour is to bring meaningful innovation in our products and services that can truly add value to the lives of our consumers. Galaxy On8 sports Samsung’s signature Infinity Display and is a stunning device with state-of-the-art hardware and software features. With Galaxy On8, we have emphasized more on the camera, which is one of the most used features by millennials today.