HMD Global has sent out invites for the launch of a new smartphone in India that is scheduled on August 21st. The invite just says that it will be the company’s next big unveil. This might be the Nokia 6.1 Plus, the global version of the Nokia X6 smartphone that was introduced for the global markets last month, starting from Hong Kong.
Specifications of Nokia 6.1 Plus :
- 5.8-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Chipset with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable up to 400GB
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android P
- 16MP (RGB) rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0um pixel size, EIS, 5MP (Monochrome) secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.2um pixel size
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.0um pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Compass
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS+GLONASS, Type-C
- 3060mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
The Nokia 6.1 Plus was introduced at HK$ 2,288 (INR 20,100 approx). The company is also expected to launch the Nokia 5.1 that was unveiled back in May, and the Nokia 8110 4G feture phone that was introduced at the MWC earlier this year.