Samsung announced Galaxy Watch at an event in New York yesterday. It comes in 46mm and 42mm options with 1.3-inch and 1.2-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED Always On Display. It comes with the latest Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection and has rotating bezel. It runs on Tizen- Based Wearable Platform 4.0. It has 5ATM + IP68 ratings for water resistance and is certified for military-level durability.
It comes with NFC and Magnetic Secure Transmission support for mobile payments using Samsung Pay. It also has built-in speaker for activate voice messaging and listning music along with GPS. The 46mm model has 472mAh battery with battery life of 80+ hours with typical usage and up to 168 hours with low usage. The Galaxy Watch 42mm comes with a 270mAh battery promises 45+ hours with typical and up to 120 hours with low usage.
It has a new stress management tracker, that automatically detects high levels of stress and offers breathing exercises to keep users focused. It has a new advanced sleep tracker that monitors all levels of sleep, including REM cycles. New Watch added 21 new indoor exercises, now can track total of 39 workouts. It also offers intuitive calorie tracking and personalized alerts.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Watch :
- 1.2-inch / 1.3-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED Always On display,Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- 1.15GHz Dual-Core Exynos 9110 processor
- 768MB RAM (Bluetooth) / 1.5GB RAM (LTE), 4GB internal memory
- Tizen Based Wearable OS 4.0 (Compatible with Android 5.0 or later and iPhone 5 and above, iOS 9.0 or above)
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL STD 810G
- Dimensions (46mm): 446 x 49 x 13; Weight: 63g (without strap)
- Dimensions (42mm) 41.9 x 45.7 x 12.7; Weight: 49g (without strap)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer
- 3G/LTE (Optional), Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, A-GPS/Glonass
- 472mAh (46mm) / 270mAh (42mm) Li-ion battery with wireless charging (WPC Inductive), up to 4 days of battery life
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm version comes in Silver color and priced at $349.99 (INR 24,000 approx) in the US while the 42mm watch comes in Midnight Black and Rose Gold color options priced at $329.99 (INR 22,700 approx). It will go on sale from August 24th with pre-orders starting on August 10th. The Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE version will be available later in 2018.