Samsung just announced Galaxy Note 9 smartphone at an event in New York. The Note 9 comes with a 6.4-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display that extends to phone’s sides. It has 12MP rear camera with variable aperture technology that uses f/1.5 aperture for night shots for a brighter picture and f/2.4 aperture for normal shots in daytime along with a secondary 12MP Telephoto lens for live focus for bokeh effect with background blur.
It has Iris scanner and the fingerprint sensor which is now present below the camera, like the S9 series. It is also water resistant up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes with IP68 ratings. It also has Bixby assistant with a dedicated Bixby hardware button.
It comes with an improved S Pen stylus with Bluetooth support that has a button on its surface along with a clicker on the bottom that lets you take selfies and group pictures, present slides, pause and play video, and more. Samsung also said that it will open it to developers later this year so that they can integrate the S Pen’s Bluetooth functionalities into their apps.
It has stereo speakers tuned by AKG and support Dolby Atmos, similar to the S9 series. It also comes with AR Emoji that uses machine learning to analyse and map more than 100 facial features to create a 3D model that reflects and imitates expressions. Samsung has increased the battery capacity to 4000mAh for the new Note. This is the largest bettery setup on its flagship device till date. It supports both wired Adaptive fast charging as well as wireless fast charging.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Note 9 :
- 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 516ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable up to 512GB
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm; Weight: 201g
- BLE S Pen: 5.7 x 4.35 x 106.37mm; Weight: 3.1g
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Galaxy Note9 comes in Midnight Black and Metallic Copper with matching S-pen and Ocean Blue with Yellow S Pen. Galaxy Note9 is priced at INR 67,900 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage variant and INR 84,900 for the 8GB RAM with 512GB storage variant. It is now available from Flipkart, Amazon.in, Samsung online Shop as well as offline retailers across India.
Launch offers :
- Buy from Paytm Mall to get a cashback of INR 6,000.
- HDFC Bank credit or debit cards or HDFC Consumer Durable loans (CD Loans) lets you avail a cashback of INR 6,000.
- Under the Samsung Upgrade Program, you can get upgrade bonus of INR 6,000 on exchange of old device for the Galaxy Note9. The upgrade bonus is over and above the exchange value.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (128 GB) will be available on the Airtel online store at a down payment of just INR 7,900 and an EMI of INR 2,999, built-in with a monthly postpaid plan.
- Airtel customers INR 499 or INR 799 infinity postpaid plan on the new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will get an additional 75GB of 3G/4G data per month, for 30 billing cycles.
- Vodafone customers on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 can enjoy an unlimited entertainment experience with free Netflix subscription for 12-month on subscribing to Red postpaid plans of Rs. 999 and above.
- Customers using Jio can enjoy a 30-day International Roaming Pack (Voice & Data) on Jio postpaid, exclusively on the Galaxy Note9 at a cost of INR 5,000