OPPO has launched the A5 smartphone in India that was introduced in China last month. It has similar specifications to the A3s, including a 6.2-inch HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch and 87.8% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by octa-core Snapdragon 450 chipset with 4GB of RAM. It runs on ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo).
It has a 13MP rear camera along with a secondary 2MP camera for portrait shot and 8MP front camera with AI beautify features that intelligently recognizes 296 facial features. It packs with a 4230mAh battery that promises 14 hours of video playback and 11 hours of gaming. Let’s take a look on the specs.
Specifications of OPPO A5 :
- 6.2-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 18:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable up to 256GB
- ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 4230mAh built-in battery
The OPPO A5 comes in Blue and Red colors. It is priced at INR 14,990 and is available from online and offline stores now.
Commenting on the launch, Will Yang, Brand Director, OPPO India, said:
As a brand, OPPO is committed to offering consumers a product that syncs with their demands. Our focus has always been on enhancing the smartphone experience for the Indian consumers. With A5, we wish to bring a smartphone that comes with features that meet the current demands of the young generation. Along with advanced features like dual camera, super full screen and extensive battery, the OPPO A5 has been designed to enable consumers to capture every moment perfectly.