Xiaomi just launched the Redmi 6, the successor of Redmi 5 that launched earlier this year, as it had promised. It comes with 5.45-inch HD+ display 18:9 aspect ratio display with 80.7% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by MediaTek Helio P22 12nm chipset. It has a polycarbonate back panel with a brushed metal-like finish, and fingerprint sensor on the back.
It runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI on the top. It comes with a 12MP rear camera with LED flash along with a 5MP secondary camera for AI portrait shots. It has a 5MP front camera with face unlock and AI portrait as well as AI beautify features.
It has dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots and features Dual 4G VoLTE support, that you will be able to receive VoLTE call in any of your SIM cards at any time. It packs a 3000mAh battery that is slightly smaller then the 3300mAh battery in the Redmi 5, but the company says that it is more power efficient with the new 12nm SoC.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 6 :
- 5.45-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1000:1 contrast ratio,
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm Chipset with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, EIS, secondary 5MP camera
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual microphones
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 6 comes in Grey, Blue, Gold and Rose Gold colors. It costs at INR 7,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB variant, and INR 9,499 for the 64GB storage variant and will go on sale exclusively from Flipkart as well as Mi.com starting from September 10th.
HDFC Debit, Credit and EMIs get INR 500 off for the first sale. The company said that this is limited period pricing that might increase after two months.