Xiaomi just launched the Redmi 6A the successor of last year’s Redmi 5A in India, as it had promised. It comes with a 5.45-inch HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display with 80.5% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by the MediaTek Helio A22 12nm Quad-Core SoC with up to 2GB of RAM. It has a polycarbonate back panel with a brushed metal-like finish.
It comes with a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera both with AI Portrait mode, and AI beautify. It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor but comes with face unlock. It has dedicated dual SIM slots.
It has Dual 4G VoLTE support, which means you will be able to receive VoLTE call in any of your SIM cards at any time. It packs a 3000mAh built-in battery same as the 5A.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 6A :
- 5.45-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1000:1 Contrast ratio
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm Chipset with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, EIS
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual microphones
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 6A comes in Grey, Blue, Gold and Rose Gold colors. It is priced at INR 5,999 for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage and INR 6,999 for the 32GB storage version. It will be available exclusively from Amazon.in and Mi.com starting from September 19th. The company said that this is a limited period pricing, might increase after two months.