Yesterday, Huawei’s Honor brand announced Honor 8X Max along with the Honor 8X in China, as it has promised. It comes with a 7.12-inch Full HD+ display with narrow bezels, water drop notch and 90.5% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by Snapdragon 660 or 636 with up to 6GB of RAM. It runs on EMUI 8.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo) on the top.
It has a 16MP rear camera with LED flash, AI scene recognition along with a 2MP rear secondary camera to capture depth information in portrait shots. It has an 8MP front facing camera. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back, packs a 5000mAh battery with support for reverse charging to charge other phones, as well as 9V/2A fast charging.
Specifications of Honor 8X Max :
- 7.12-inch (2244×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18.7:9 2.5D curved glass display, 72% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Chipset (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU / 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Chipset with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB internal storage / 6GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 2MP secondary camera, f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging
The Honor 8X Max comes in Black, Blue and Red colors. It is priced at 1499 yuan (INR 15,750 approx) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 1799 yuan (INR 18,900 approx) for the 128GB storage variant. It is already available for pre order and will go on sale from September 11th in China. The Snapdragon 660 version with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage will go on sale in October.