Apple just announced the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, latest flagship smartphones at an event, as expected. The new iPhones have 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch 458PPI Super Retina HDR display with support for Dolby Vision and HDR 10, as well as 120Hz touch-sensing.
Both of these powered by new Apple A12 Bionic chipset based on first in industry, 7nm platform. The 6-core CPU promises 15% fast performance, and 4 cores offers up to 50% lower power compared to A11 Bionic. It has 6.9 billion transistors, can perform 5 trillion operations per second, up from 600 billion in A11.
The iPhone XS series have the same 12MP primary rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, and a 12MP secondary telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, both with OIS. It also has Smart HDR that makes use of A12 chip’s AI features. It has 7MP front facing camera with f/2.2 aperture. The company said that the IR camera has been improved with global shutter along with the Dot projector.
Apple also introduced Dual SIM support with dual standby via eSIM. The company said that it is tying up with operators for this. The company also said that the users in China will get support for Dual physical SIMs. In India the company is tying up with JIO and Airtel for eSIMs.
Specifications of Apple iPhone XS and XS Max :
- iPhone XS – 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HDR display, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical) 3D Touch
- iPhone XS Max – 6.5-inch (2688 x 1245 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HDR display, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical) 3D Touch
- Six-core A12 Bionic 64-bit 7nm processor with four-core GPU, M12 motion co-processor
- 64GB, 256GB, 512GB storage options
- iOS 12
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (secondary eSIM from select carriers or physical SIM in China)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.4) cameras, Dual optical image stabilization, Optical zoom; Six‑element lens, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,Retina Flash
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 12.3 hours of use (iPhone XS) / 13.3 hours of use (iPhone XS Max)
The Apple iPhone XS and XS Max comes in Gold, silver and Space Gray colors. The iPhone Xs starts at US$ 999 (INR 71,813 approx) and the iPhone XS Max starts at US$ 1,099 (INR 79,001 approx). These will be available in more than 30 countries from September 21st with pre-orders starting tomorrow, September 14th. These will launch in India starting from September 21st.