Amazon announced the 2nd-gen Echo Show along with Fire TV Recast, Amazon Basics Microwave with Alexa, Echo Wall Clock, Amazon Smart Plug and more at an event held in in Seattle.
The second gen Echo Show comes with a bigger 10-inch HD display. It comes with built-in smart home hub. It has better speaker system then its predecessor that delivers powerful bass and stereo surround sound. The company is also integrating Hulu, and NBC making on-demand and live streaming possible.
It has a 5MP camera with support for HD video calling and inbuilt browser. The Echo Show supports two-way talk feature that works with Ring and August doorbell cameras. When the doorbell rings or motion is detected by the security camera, just say “Alexa, answer the front door” to see and talk to whoever is there.
Additionally, you can use Echo Show with a Fire TV Recast to easily watch, record, and replay free over-the-air live TV programs. It also lets you take your over-the-air shows with you on-the-go through the all-new Fire TV companion app for Fire TV Recast.
Next on the list is the Amazon Basics Microwave. It easily connects to your Echo devices and makes cooking easier by integrating voice. With Amazon Basics Microwave, you can ask Alexa to reheat, defrost, or microwave for your desired cook time and power level. It includes variety of quick-cook voice presets just like, “Alexa, microwave two potatoes” or “Alexa, reheat a cup of coffee.”
The Amazon Echo Wall Clock lets you use your voice to start a timer to your compatible Echo device and see how much time is remaining on your clock. The 60 LED ring can display multiple timers for cooking, the countdown, and show visual animations for alarms and reminders to keep you on schedule. The 10-inch battery powered clock connects to your Echo via Bluetooth, automatically syncs to the correct time.
The Amazon Smart Plug use your voice to control your lights, fans, coffee maker, and more. The Amazon Smart Plug is the first Wi-Fi smart plug to use Wi-Fi simple setup. You can set a routine that turns your lights and your lights off. With multiple Amazon Smart Plugs, you can control multiple outlets.
The Amazon Echo Input lets you add Alexa to your existing speaker. It features a four-microphone array and easily connects to your speaker through a 3.5mm audio cable or Bluetooth. It is just 12.5mm tall and has a built-in speaker. It plays all audio through the connected speaker rather than through Echo Input itself.
The Amazon Echo Auto comes with an eight-microphone array. It is designed for in-car acoustics and speech recognition technology. It lets Alexa hear you over music, A/C, and road noise. It is powered by your car’s 12V power outlet or USB port. It easily connects to your stereo system through a 3.5 mm audio jack or Bluetooth connection. It lets you to connects Alexa through the Alexa app on your smartphone and uses your existing phone plan to access a range of features such as music, navigation, calling, and more.
The Amazon Echo Link and Echo Link Amp are for music lovers who want to use Alexa to stream music to their existing audio equipment.
Echo Link is an audio component that connects to your HiFi stereo system to stream music. Echo Link includes analog, optical, coax, headphone 3.5mm, and subwoofer line-outs; and analog, optical, and coax line-ins. It has a volume knob for granular control, an Ethernet port for reliable connectivity, and support for multi-room music through Alexa.
Echo Link Amp is Echo Link with a built-in 60W, 2-channel amplifier. It also has left-right speaker binding post outputs to support wiring directly to passive and non-powered speakers. Both Echo Link and Echo Link Amp can be controlled through the Alexa app or another Echo device in your home.
Pricing and Availability:
- Echo Show is priced at $229.99 (INR 16,540 approx). It also have an accompanying stand that will allow you to tilt the Echo Show to adjust the viewing and camera angles for only $29.99 (INR .2,155 approx). Both are available for pre-order and will ship in October.
- The Amazon Fire TV Recast is available in two models: a 2–tuner model with 500GB costs $229.99 (INR 16,540 approx), and a 4–tuner model with 1TB of storage priced at $279.99 (INR 20,140 approx.). It is available for pre-order and starts shipping from November 14.
- Amazon Basics Microwave is priced at $59.99 (INR 4,315 approx). It is available for pre-order and will start shipping later this year.
- The Amazon Echo Wall Clock is priced at $29.99 (INR 2,160 approx). It will be available later this year.
- Amazon Smart Plug is priced at $24.99 (INR 1,797 approx). It is available for pre-order and will start shipping next month.
- The Echo Input will be available in black and white. It is priced at $34.99 (INR 2,516 approx) and will be available later this year.
- The Echo Auto is available by Invitation for a Special Price of $24.99 (INR 1,797 approx). It will start shipping later this year.
- Echo Link and Echo Link Amp are priced at $199.99 (INR 14,382 approx) and $299.99 (Rs.21,573 approx). It will be available in early 2019.