HMD Global announced the Nokia 7.1, the successor of the Nokia 7 which is Android One smartphone as usual. It comes with a 5.84-inch Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio diaplsy with a notch and 80% screen-to-body ratio. It comes with support for HDR and support for SD to HDR real-time conversion. The display also adapts to indoor and bright outdoor sunlight. The company named it Pure Display. It has a 6000 series aluminium frame and uses dual-anodised diamond cut coloured edge.
It has 12MP RGB sensor with 5MP Monochrome sensor, dual rear cameras with ZEISS Optics and fast accurate autofocus. It has an 8MP AI front facing camera with supports for facial recognition. It runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) and the company promised Android 9.0 (Pie) update.
It packs with 3060mAh battery with support for USB Type-C fast charging. The company said that it can charge the phone from 0 to 50% in just 30 minutes. Let’s take a quick look on the specs.
Specifications of Nokia 7.1 :
- 5.84-inch (2244 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ HDR 10 display with 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Chipset with Adreno 509 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable up to 400GB
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP (RGB) rear camera with dual LED flash, f/1.8 aperture,1.28 um pixel size, ZEISS optics, 5MP (Monochrome) secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree FOV
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio, Nokia OZO audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C 2.0, NFC
- 3060mAh battery with fast charging
The Nokia 7.1 comes in Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel colors. It costs between 299 Euros (INR 25,500 approx.) to 349 Euros (INR 29,500 approx) depending on the region. It goes for pre-order in Europe starting today. We expect it to be cheaper in India.