Google officially announced the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL smartphones. Both of these comes with Pixel’s iconic two-tone design, an aluminum frame with hybrid coating, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and back and IP68 ratings for water and dust resistance.
The Pixel 3 comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio while the Pixel 3 XL with a 6.3-inch Quad HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display and a notch. The new pixels are powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC Chipset and 4GB of RAM.
These run on Android 9.0 (Pie). These comes in-built Titan Security, that protects most sensitive on-device data by securing the lock screen and strengthening disk encryption.
These comes with 12.2MP rear camera with LED flash, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and Dual Pixel auto focus. These comes with 8MP dual front cameras, one with 97-degree wide-angle lens for group selfies. These come with new AI-powered camera features.
- Top Shot – AI based feature that capture multiple shots to pick out the best photo
- Super Res Zoom – Produces sharp details when you zoom
- Night Sight – Lets you take bright, detailed, colorful shots even in low light (coming soon to Pixel 3)
- Photobooth mode – Uses AI to recognize that when you’re smiling or making a funny expression, you’re ready for a selfie.
These comes with dual front firing speakers, the company claims these are 40% louder compared to the predecessor. These pack 2915 mAh and 3430mAh batteries, respectively with support for fast charging as well as wireless charging.
Specifications of Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL :
- Pixel 3 – 5.5-inch (1080 x 2160 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18:9 display, 443 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Pixel 3 XL – 6.3-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ OLED 18.5:9 display, 523 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Chipset with Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12.2MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, ƒ/1.8 aperture, 76° FOV, Dual PD auto focus, OIS, EIS, 4K video recording at up to 30 fps, 720p at up to 240 fps, Spectral + flicker sensor
- 8MP auto focus front camera with f/1.8 aperture, 75° FOV, secondary 8MP fixed focus camera with f/2.2 aperture aperture, 97° FOV, 1080p video recording at up to 30 fps
- Fingerprint sensor
- Active Edge
- Water and dust Resistant (IP68)
- Stereo front-firing speakers, 3 microphones
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C Gen 1 , NFC
- Pixel 3 – 2915 mAh (Pixel 3) / 3430mAh (Pixel 3 XL) battery with fast charging, wireless charging
The Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL come in Clearly White, Just Black and Not Pink colors. Both of these come with Google Pixel USB-C earbuds in the box.
The Pixel 3 is priced at $799 (INR 59,175 approx) and $899 (INR 66,580 approx.) for 64GB and 128GB versions,respectively. The Pixel 3 XL costs $899 (INR 66,580 approx.) and $999 (INR 73,990 approx.) for 64GB and 128GB versions, respectively. The Pixel Stand with 10W charging costs $79 (INR 5,850 approx.)
These are available for pre-order in the US and will be available in India from November 1st starting at INR 71,000 with pre-orders starting from October 11th.