Razer just announced the Razer Phone 2, successor of last year’s Razer Phone. The phone comes with a 5.72-inch Quad HD UltraMotion display. The display delivers fastest refresh rates and smooth graphics, same as the predecessor. The display has 645 nits and 120 Hz UltraMotion display making it brighter than the predecessor.
Razor phone 2 is powered by the latest Snapdragon 845 Octa-Core chipset with upto 8GB of RAM. It comes with Vapor Chamber Cooling technology that allows heat to spread via a custom vapor chamber. It has stereo front-facing speakers and Dolby Atmos. It features a Glass Back and comes with IP67 ratings for Water Resistance up to 1 meter. It runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) and company said that it will be upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie).
It has 12MP rear camera with f/1.75 wide-angle lens and a 12MP secondary camera with f/2.6 aperture telephoto lens. It also has Razer Chroma RGB logo on the back that glows in different colors for notifications. Similar to the first phone, this doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack, but comes with 24-bit DAC Audio Adapter. It packs a 4000mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ as well as Wireless Charging.
Specifications of Razer Phone 2 :
- 5.72-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD IGZO LCD UltraMotion display with 645 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Chipset with Adreno 630 GPU, Vapor Chamber Cooling
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB (UFS) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP camera with f/1.75 wide-angle lens, OIS, Dual PDAF and 12MP secondary camera with f/2.6 aperture telephoto lens, Sony IMX Sensors, dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Water-resistant (IP67)
- Stereo front-facing speakers with Dual amplifiers, Dolby Atmos, 24-bit DAC Audio Adapter
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+, Wireless Charging
The Razer Phone 2 comes in Mirror and Satin variant. It is priced at $799 (INR 59,450 approx.), It will be available for orders in the US, Canada, UK and Europe for the Mirror variant while the Satin variant will be available later this year.