Huawei’s Honor brand announced the Honor Magic 2, its latest high-end smartphone. It comes with an anti-dust slider design. It has a 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 display with 108% DCI-P3 Color Gamut. It is powered by Kirin 980 7nm SoC with Dual NPU with upto 8GB of RAM. It has dual SIM support and Huawei’s Hi1103 chip for 1.7Gbps Wi-Fi and dual-frequency GPS navigation.
It run on Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0 on the top along with YOYO assistant. It has a 16MP rear camera, 24MP monochrome secondary sensor and a 16MP ultra-wide-angle lens. It also has a 16MP front camera with f/ 2.0 aperture and 2MP+2MP f / 2.4 aperture cameras for 3D face unlock as well as 3D Qmoji.
It has in-display fingerpint sensor with a large 32.48mm coverage area. It packs with a 3500mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge that can charnge the phone from 0 to 50% in 15 minutes and 0 to 85% in just 30 minutes. Let’s take a look on the specs.
Specifications of Honor Magic 2 :
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 display with 108% DCI-P3 Color Gamut
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) Chipset with 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 24MP secondary monochrome sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 16MP super wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, AIS, AI intelligent stabilization
- 16MP front camera with f/ 2.0 aperture, 2MP + 2MP f / 2.4 aperture cameras for 3D face unlock
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM
- IPX2 water-protection
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- 3500mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge
The Honor Magic 2 comes in Gradient Black, Gradient Red and Gradient Blue colors. It is priced at 3799 yuan (INR 40,295 approx) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, 4299 yuan (INR 45,610 approx) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and 4799 yuan (INR 50,910 approx) for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage variant. It will be available for order from November 1st and goes on sale from November 6th.
It will also introduce new ‘3D Photosensitive Edition’ with 3D Biosensing Technology for better security, same graphene heat dissipation as Mate 20 Pro, 8GB RAM and 512GB storage for 5799 yuan (INR 61,520 approx.) in December 2018.