Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 6 Pro, successor of the Redmi Note 5 Pro in India. It comes with the 6.28-inch Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch. It runs on the Snapdragon 636 with up to 6GB of RAM similer to the Redmi Note 5 Pro.
It comes with a primary 12MP camera with f/1.9 aperture and 1.4μm pixel size for better low-light images along with a secondary 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size with AI features including AI portrait and AI scene recognition. It has a 20MP front camera with 4-in-1 Super Pixel technology and 2MP secondary camera for portrait shots.
The rear camera can recognize scenes in 32 categories, 5 of them specifically included as per indian condition whereas the front camera can detect scenes in 12 categories. There is new adjustable bokeh, studio lighting with 6 effects that use AI semantic segmentation and also comes with light trails that comes with 6 dynamic bokeh effects. it also comes with AI face unlock feature.
Other specifications are same as the preceeder, including Dual 4G VoLTE, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and a 4000mAh battery. However it has support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, even though it comes bundled with 5V/2A charger. Let’s take a look on the specs.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro :
- 6.26-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, 500 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Chipset with Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB / 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable up to 256GB
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, Dual PD focus, EIS, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro comes in Black, Blue, Rose Gold and Red colors. It is priced at INR 13,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage and INR 15,999 for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version.
It will go on sale starting from tomorrow on Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores. For the Black Friday sale tomorrow, November 23rd at 12 noon across these platforms, the phone will be available for INR 12,999 for the 4GB RAM version and INR 14,999 for the 6GB RAM version.