HMD Global scheduled an event in Delhi on 6th of December. It has started sending out invites for the launch of a new smartphone in India. Based on the ‘Expect more’ teasers, the company is expected to launch the Nokia 7.1 that was introduced in October.
— Nokia Mobile India (@NokiamobileIN) November 26, 2018
The phone has a 5.84-inch Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch 80% screen-to-body ratio and has support for HDR. It has also supports SD to HDR real-time conversion. With HDR10 support it provids smooth and accurate HDR video. The company calls it PureDisplay.
It has a 12MP (RGB) + 5MP (Monochrome) dual rear cameras with ZEISS Optics and fast accurate autofocus. It also has 8MP AI enhanced front facing camera with supports for facial recognition.
It runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) but the company has promised Android 9.0 (Pie) update . It packs a 3060mAh battery with support for USB Type-C fast charging that can charge the phone from 0 to 50% in just 30 minutes.
Specifications of Nokia 7.1 :
- 5.84-inch (2244 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ HDR 10 display with 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Chipset with Adreno 509 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP (RGB) rear camera with dual LED flash, f/1.8 aperture,1.28 um pixel size, ZEISS optics, 5MP (Monochrome) secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree FOV
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio, Nokia OZO audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C 2.0, NFC
- 3060mAh battery with fast charging
The Nokia 7.1 comes in Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel colors. We should know the price when it goes official next Thursday.