HMD Global just launched the Nokia 7.1, the company’s latest mid-range Android One smartphone in India. It packs with a 5.84-inch Full HD+ 19:9 screen with a notch, 80% screen-to-body ratio and has support for HDR. It has also supports SD to HDR real-time conversion. With HDR10 support it provids smooth and accurate HDR video. The company calls it PureDisplay.
It is powered by Snapdragon 636 SoC with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. It runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo), and recently got Android 9.0 (Pie) update. It comes with 6000 series aluminium frame and uses dual-anodised diamond cut coloured edge. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
It has 12MP (RGB) + 5MP (Monochrome) dual rear cameras with ZEISS Optics and fast accurate autofocus. It also has 8MP AI enhanced front facing camera with supports for facial recognition. It packs a 3060mAh battery with support for USB Type-C fast charging that can charge the phone from 0 to 50% in just 30 minutes. Let’s take a look on the specs.
Specifications of Nokia 7.1 :
- 5.84-inch (2244 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ HDR 10 display with 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 SoC 14nm Chipset with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP (RGB) rear camera with dual LED flash, f/1.8 aperture,1.28 um pixel size, ZEISS optics, EIS, 5MP (Monochrome) secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree FOV
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio, Nokia OZO audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C 2.0, NFC
- 3060mAh battery with fast charging
The Nokia 7.1 comes in Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel colors. It is priced at INR 19,999. It will be available through top mobile retailers across India offline and on Nokia.com/phones from 7th December.
Launch Offer :
- Airtel prepaid customers get 1TB of 4G data on eligible plans starting Rs. 199 and Airtel postpaid customers can enjoy additional data of 120GB along with three months of Netflix subscription and one year of Amazon Prime subscription on plans starting Rs. 499.
- Consumers purchasing Nokia 7.1 using HDFC Bank Credit and Debit cards on EMI transactions done through Pinelabs terminals in offline stores will receive a 10% cashback.
Commenting on the launch, Ajey Mehta, Vice President and Country Head, India, HMD Global, said:
We know a lot of our fans in India enjoy creating videos and watching content on their smartphones. That’s why it was important for us to bring both ZEISS optics and PureDisplay technology together in a versatile device that offers a superior content experience, regardless of whether you’re taking photos for your social media or watching the latest series on your favourite streaming service.
With real-time SDR to HDR conversion, more fans can enjoy a premium viewing experience across content. And with the integrated ZEISS optics, fans can take advantage of rapid auto focus and capture incredible HDR photography as well. We’re thrilled to bring such an impressive device, created with the help of best in class partners to our fans in India.