ASUS just launched the Zenfone Max Pro M2 at an event in India, as it had promised. The Zenfone Max Pro M2 comes with a 6.26-inch FHD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection and a notch. It has a glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
It is powered by Snapdragon 660 chipset with upto 6GB of RAM. It runs on stock Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) in January 2019. It has a 12MP rear camera along with a 5MP secondary camera. It also has a 13 front camera, both cameras comes with LED flash. It also has support for face unlock. The company said that it will get AI features and EIS for front camera with an update soon.
It has a rear mounted fingerprint sensor, dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots with Dual 4G VoLTE support. It has a huge 5000mAh battery, but it still has micro USB port without fast charging.
Specifications of ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 (ZB31KL) :
- 6.26-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 display with 94% NTSC Color Gamut, 450 cd/m2 brightness, 1500: 1 contast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4X RAM with 32GB Storage, 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory upto 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF, EIS, Pro Mode, secondary 5MP camera
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, NXP Smart Amp, 5-magnet speaker
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery
The ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 comes in Blue and Titanium colors. It is priced at INR 12,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, INR 14,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage and INR 16,999 for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage variant. It will be available exclusively on Flipkart from December 18th.