Samsung has finally announced its flagship Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+ smartphones at an event in San Francisco, as it had promised. Both of these comes with 6.1-inch and 6.4-inch Quad HD+ Curved Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Displays. These are the first Samsung phones with an in-display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner.
Both of these are powered by Snapdragon 855 or Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9820 SoCs depending on the region and runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) based on OneUI. These comes with Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health, Samsung Pay and Samsung DeX.
Both have triple rear cameras setup – a primary 12MP Dual Pixel and Dual Aperture primary sensor, a 16MP 123-degree Ultra Wide Lens and a 12MP Telephoto lens. These have an improved 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera, while the S10+ also comes with secondary 8MP depth sensor. These have IP68 certification for water and dust resistance.
These are powered by 3,400mAh and 4,100mAh batteries respectively with support for wired fast charging and Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 as well as new Wireless PowerShare feature to charge Qi compatible devices on the back of the phones. Let’s take a look on the specs.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+ :
- S10 – 6.1-inch Quad HD+ (3040 × 1440 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED display with 550ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- S10+ – 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (3040 × 1440 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED display with 522ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Chipset with Adreno 640 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9820 8nm Chipset with Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- S10 – 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB/512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable up to 512GB
- S10+ – 8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB/512GB/1TB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable up to 512GB
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with OneUI
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV (S10+ only)
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Accelerometer, Barometer, Capacitive Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- S10 – 3,400mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
- S10+ – 4,100mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
Both the phones will be available in Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow and Flamingo Pink colors. Galaxy S10+ also comes in premium Ceramic models: Ceramic Black and Ceramic White in 8GB/512GB and 12GB/1TB models.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 8GB + 128GB – $899.99 (INR 64,030 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 8GB + 512GB – $1149.99 (INR 81,815 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ 8GB + 128GB – $999.99 (INR 71,145 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ 8GB + 512GB Ceramic – $1249.99 (INR 88,930 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ 12GB + 1TB Ceramic – $1599.99 (INR 1,13,830 approx.)
Pre-orders will begin from February 21, 2019 in the US and several countries and will go on sale from March 8, 2019 in select markets. In select markets, consumers who pre-order the phone will get free Galaxy Buds worth $129.99 for free for a limited time.
India pre-orders will begin tomorrow 10AM says Flipkart banner, so we should know the price soon.