Samsung has finally announced the Galaxy S10e along with its flagship Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+ smartphones at an event in San Francisco, as it had promised. It has a 5.8-inch Full HD+ Flat Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display. It is powered Snapdragon 855 or Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9820 SoCs depending on the region.
It runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) with OneUI on the top and come with Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health, Samsung Pay and Samsung DeX. It comes with a side-mounted fingerprint sensor on the power button,
It has a dual rear cameras setup – a 12MP Dual Pixel and Dual Aperture primary sensor and a 16MP Ultra Wide Lens with a 123-degree field of view. It also has a 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera. It has IP68 certification for water and dust resistance.
It is powered by 3,100mAh battery with support for wired fast charging, Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 and Wireless PowerShare feature to charge Qi compatible devices on the back of the phones. Let’s take a look on the specs.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S10e :
- 5.8-inch Full HD+ (2280 × 1080 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED display with 438ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Chipset with Adreno 640 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9820 8nm Chipset with Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB/256GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable up to 512GB
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 8X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Accelerometer, Barometer, Capacitive Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 3,100mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
The Samsung Galaxy S10e comes in Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow and Flamingo Pink colors. It is priced at $749.99 (INR 53,215 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, and $849.99 (INR 60,310 approx) for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version.
It will be available for pre-order in the US and several countries from February 21, 2019 and will go on sale from March 8, 2019 in select markets. India pre-orders will begin tomorrow 10AM says Flipkart, so we should know the price soon.